It's late, it's late!: Alice au pays des merveilles!




I'm super happy with my mother's day gift from Mr. Danita! It was a belated gift because it came all the way from France but it was so worth it! It's Alice in Wonderland (in French) illustrated by the great and unique Rebecca Dautremer! She has been one of my favorite artists and I already have a book from her and I like it a lot... but this is ALICE illustrated by HER!!


I love everything about her work, but I think that what I admire the most is her skills to draw absolutely everything and make it perfect and dreamy.



Another thing that I loved about the book is that she drew the actual Alice instead of the usual blonde... This book has revived my love for Alice and I think I'll have to paint her myself too ;)


Comments

Clare said…
you lucky thing - what a wonderful book the illustrations are absolutely stunning. imagine being able to do work that like!
Rosa Witten said…
What Beautiful Artwork! I can't wait to see how she inspires you, as I too love Alice. And I agree that it is nice to see the REAL Alice, no offense to the blondes out there.
urbancurtsy said…
I am feeling the need to order that book as well. I just found an Alice hand carved chess set at a garage sale yesterday. It is so interesting, although I am assuming she is blonde just by the looks of her. I have missed you! Sorry I haven't emailed, school is busy right now. I am always prowling around your blog though :)I can't wait to see what her book inspires out of you!
Abril Andrade said…
oh my goodness! i have to have this book :D
Hanna said…
Hey! I too love Rebecca Dautremer and have so far four of her books. Every time I go to France or Italy I by one more, and I absolutely have to get this one as well, Alice is my favourite too!
And thank you for the lovely Frida Kahlo ring I ordered, I receaved it last week and it's beautiful! Saved my life in the middle of all my spring stress...
art.soul said…
i knew Rebeccas's ilustration work at my Ilustration classes... the teacher showed us that book exactly!
it's really fantastic!!!
Cotepinta said…
tu trabajo es tan bello como el de rebecca, son tan distintos ambos estilos, sin embargo logran cautivar, encantar fascinar de la misma manera y con la misma intensidad, yo soy una fan de ustedes......


bellisimas fotos Dani, como logras ese efecto antiguo, con que programa?

besotes gordos y grandes
la cote
Wendy said…
Oh, I need to get this for my daughter. And then teach her French.

Popular Posts